This accessibility statement applies to the Citizen Portal
This website is run by Wokingham Borough Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- Navigate most of the application processes on the website using just a keyboard
- Listen to much of the website using a screen reader
- Change most of the colours, font, text appearance, and spacing if required via your browser
- Zoom in up to 200% with most text remaining fully visible on the page
We've also made the portal text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible is this website
We know that some parts of the portal are not fully accessible, these include:
- Some of the pages are not fully accessible by keyboard
- Some of the website may be difficult to listen to with a screen reader
- Not all content is conveyed in the most logical order
- There are some minor visual and control placement inconsistencies and issues
- Some dialogs created with Bootstrap have an issue with shift+tab navigating from the dialog
- The user is not warned of session expiry or provided with a mechanism to extend their session
Feedback and contact information
You can contact us by emailing us at this address:
What we're doing to improve accessibility
We plan to improve the accessibility of this website with ongoing releases throughout the year. This includes rectifying issues with colour contrast and status messaging, fixing robustness issues, and addressing inconsistencies by Spring 2022.